Chair of the AStA
The tasks of the chair of the General Students' Committee (AStA) are the coordination of the running business and the representation of the student body within and outside of the university. The AStA is responsible for topics like your semester ticket, for consultations about and support for financial and similar problems.
On a daily business of the AStA the chair takes care of the organisation of the business and the staff. Other chair tasks aside of representative and common administrative tasks are:
- Representation of the student body over political persons and bodies
- Examination of current questions and university political topics
- Connection with active groups and persons
- Public appearances especially in the media
- Representation in the State AStA Conferences
As the central organ for the coordination of the departments the chair keeps track of the projects and work flows in all areas of work of the AStA.
Of course the chair is also your contact partner for all problems concerning a student's everyday life. Hence there is always the possibility to contact the chair when issues or questions arise.
So please feel free to pay us a visit, ask questions or get involved together with us.
Social Labour student
Vehicle Engineering student